Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Everything will work out. Eventually.

I'm one to tell you that everything will work out. Your problem will be solved. Until it is, I'm a shoulder to cry on and one that loves to give advice. Take a deep breath, step back and see how to fix the problem. But when it comes to me... I don't take my own advice. I need to know when and how things will work out, right then. Tell me what to do. I can't decide how to fix it or what to do by myself. No sleep, stress, can't stop thinking. My world feels it's ending. But eventually it works out. Maybe not the way I had pictured it. But it worked out how it was suppose to. And every time I'm in the middle of a problem... I forget it will work out... eventually. "...And all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good..." -D&C 98:3 If you you have talked to me lately, you know that I am one stressed out woman. Much of it has to do with money, happiness, school, health problems and other personal things. I haven't slept much, thinking about all the things that need to be done and the money that needs to be earned before next fall. Being on F.A.F.S.A. for school, I am not allowed to have a job, even during the summer. I don't have a car, laptop or money for next years books. As some of you may know, not having money can put a lot of pressure and stress on you. A few nights ago I was in my apartment crying at three in the morning, trying not to wake up my roommate. For the first time in a long time I got down on my knees to pray. I was prompted to open up my scriptures to a random page and just start reading. So I did. I came Across D&C 98:3. With all that is going on it hit me that the Lord would take care of me in this state of loneliness and other things I am going through. This morning I woke up to my mom telling me my grandma called and wanted to make me shopping. I was excited, I love my grandma. So I got on my phone and gave her a ring. She answered and said "Hi Lizz, I want to take you shopping today!" "That sounds great!" I was thinking we would go to the usual places like Kohl's or Target, which would be awesome. "Lizz, I'd like to take you laptop shopping." I didn't say anything for a few seconds. "Grandma, I can't let you do that. Laptops cost so much." "I know but I know that you need one for school and I want to buy you one." That sweet lady came to pick me up and took me to the store. She talked to my uncle before she came to get me about what kind to get me, what she should look for and what would be the best. She's amazing. When we got to the store she had me look at the laptops and told me what my uncle said to look for. She helped me pick the perfect one. As we were at the checkout counter tears filled my eyes and I watched my grandma pull out her credit card. How did she know that I needed this so badly and was struggling in college without it? How did she know I was loosing sleep wondering how I was going to pay for this? How was I blessed with such a thoughtful woman in my life? My grandmother isn't just a thoughtful woman for buying me a laptop. She is always thinking of others. She never forgets a birthday. She is always taking lunch or her homemade soup to people that are sick. When I was in the hospital my senior year, she called every hour and visited me everyday when the weather was good enough. My grandmother is the definition of love. She is the first step that has helped my dilemma to start working out. As I am sitting here now typing on my new laptop tears are streaming down my face, knowing that there is someone that knows me so well and is there for me, in this time that I feel so lonely. As conceded as it sounds that from receiving a gift I feel weight being lifted off my shoulders. I still know that I have these "afflictions" but I'm starting to see the light at the tunnel. stay original. <3 Lizz

No comments:

Post a Comment